All our cars spring to life at Ford's Rs. 1700 crore integrated manufacturing plant at Maraimalai Nagar, 45 kms. from Chennai. The plant, equipped with advanced manufacturing technology from Ford, covers 350 acres, provides employment to about 2,000 people directly and many more thousands indirectly and has a capacity to manufacture upto 200,000 vehicles per annum. Ford is a 6-Sigma company. Every step of every process is planned to perfection.
Step 1: STAMPING
- Semi-automatic press line moulds blank sheets into various body parts.
- Thorough checks for perfection in dimensions and surface quality.
Step 2: BODY SHOP
- Entire shell checked with military precision for dimensions.
- Subjected to stresses to check quality of welding.
Step 3: PAINT SHOP
- Cutting-edge technology creates a finish that's unaffected by rain or sunshine.
- Painting so complete that even underside gets full PVC coating for corrosion protection.
- Baking done to Ford's global paint specifications.
Step 4: T C F
- Interiors taken care of, before doors and seats come on in Trim zone.
- In Chassis area, professionals use high power tools to fit in engine, front suspension, bumpers etc.
- Once nuts and bolts are tightened to perfection, the car gets its wheels.
- Rolls into final line for remaining parts and filling of fluids.
Step 5: QUALITY TESTING
- Stringent testing ensures every car is at its best, even in trying conditions.
- All Ford cars complies with Bharat III emission standards, notified by the Government of India.